Minimum Age Requirements
3 Day Velo:
All Riders must be 18 years as at the 19 July 2019
1 Day Velo:
137km Riders must be 18 years as at the 21 July 2019.
76km Riders must be 16 years as at the 21 July 2019.
Teams are required to wear the same Jersey either custom made or the Rider Gift Jersey
Cycling Australia Membership
Every Athlete will be required to purchase a Cycling Australia One Day Membership, if they are not an Annual Membership.
One Day Membership is $5.00 and will be added to the end of your registration form.
Withdrawal & Cancellation Policy
Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email at email@example.com. It is the athlete's responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 10 days of the request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone on 1300 761 384. The following Refund or Transfer Policies apply to all athletes withdrawing from the event.
We know that sometimes your plans change or you get injured so we are able to offer you a partial refund. Make sure you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your withdrawal, details below:
- Any requests received before 5pm – 26 April 2019 (12 weeks) will be eligible for a 50% refund of event entry fee paid.
- Any requests received before 5pm – 7 June 2019 (6 weeks) will be eligible for a 25% refund of event entry fee paid.
- Any requests received after 5pm – 7 June 2019 (6 weeks) will not be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix Fees and any additional purchases paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Transfer to a Friend
For Velothon Sunshine Coast, participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until Sunday 14 July 5pm or until the event is Sold Out. They must use the approved transfer process through Active works. A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
It is not permitted to transfer your race entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Race Day. It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course, and accordingly it is strictly prohibited to race under another person's race bib. Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
The process for transferring your entry is as follows:
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete
- Only the race entry is transferable and all other additional purchases (including but not limited to) ACTIVE Fees, Triathlon Australia One Day Race Membership and FinisherPix Fees paid at the time of entry are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- To transfer an entry to someone else the initial registrant goes to myevents.active.com and logs in using their active.com account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link 'Transfer the registration to another athlete', and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the current entry fee in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $25.00 transfer fee.
Transfer down to the 1 Day Velo (prior to event day)
If a rider is transferring from 3 Day Velo to the 1 Day Velo, the rider will not be refunded the difference. You can transfer via contacting us at email@example.com. All transfer requests will need to be made prior to 5.00pm 14 July 2019. After this time we can assist you during Check-in Hours.
Transfer to the 3 Day Velo
If a rider is transferring from 1 Day Velo to the 3 Day Velo, the rider will be required to pay the difference. You can transfer via contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All transfer requests will need to be made prior to 5.00pm 14 July 2019. After this time we can assist you during Check-in Hours.