1 Day Velo Entry Info
Velothon Sunshine Coast returns with the event to be held from 19-21 July, 2019.
Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or newbie to cycling, we can't wait to welcome you to the Velothon Sunshine Coast start line, whatever your ambition or ability level. From start to finish, an incredible route and unforgettable experience awaits you.
Entries open Wednesday 5 September 11am
Entry Fee Inclusions
1 Day Velo includes:
- Ride entry to the 1 Day Velo - choose between a 152km or 90km course*
- Velothon Official Socks
- 2 Sprint sections - 152km course. 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 2 King of the Mountain sections - 152km course. 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 1 Sprint sections - 90km course. 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 1 King of the Mountain sections - 90km course. 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 2 on course Feed Stations - 152km course
- 2 on course Hydration Stations - 152km course
- 2 on course Feed Stations - 90km course
- 1 on course Hydration Stations - 90km course
- Medical Services - first aid treatment on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Basic Mechanical Services - mechanics on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Awards - held in the Velo Clubhouse at 4:00pm. Stage Winners, Sprint Jerseys and King of the Mountain Jerseys will be awarded
- General Classification Results - compare your results with your mates
- Massage - Access to qualified massage therapists – $1/minute, pre-booking essential
*Please note the distances are subject to change
21 Sep 11am -
8 Nov 11:59pm
9 Nov 12am -
28 Mar 11:59pm
29 Mar 11am -
6 Jun 11:59pm
7 Jun 11am -
until sold out
|Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee|
|1 Day Velo - 152km||$140||$151.20||$150||$162.00||$160||$172.80||$170||$183.60|
|1 Day Velo - 90km||$90||$97.20||$100||$108.00||$110||$118.80||$120||$129.60|
Every Athlete will be required to purchase a Cycling Australia One Day Membership, if they are not an Annual Member.
One Day Membership is $3 and will be added to the end of your registration form.
Active Fee is the total process fee imposed by The ACTIVE Network, LLC, or its applicable subsidiary, (collectively ACTIVE) including sums charged by ACTIVE as consideration for providing its software and services (including without limitation promotional and marketing services) to the activity organsier. The sums, as part of the total processing fee, are in addition to any actual costs incurred by ACTIVE from third party providers for each transaction.
FinisherPix - Powered by Smiles
Pre-Purchase your FinisherPix Photo package during registration:
1 Day 152km or 90km Photo Pack - $39.99
Read more about Official Event Photography here
The 1 Day Velo has the following entry categories:
Age as at 21 July 2019
|Category||Category Code||Gender||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
Age as at 22 July 2018
|Category||Category Code||Gender||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
1 Day Velo - 90km Awards will be held at 12:00pm in the Velo Clubhouse.
1 Day Velo - 152km Awards will be held at 3:00pm in the Velo Clubhouse.
The following awards will be presented:
1 DAY WINNERS 152km and 90km:
U23 - Male
U23 - Female
Open - Male
Open - Female
Masters - Male
Masters - Female
Grand Masters - Male
Grand Masters - Female
SPRINT JERSEY 152km:
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JERSEY 152km and 90km:
Conditions of Participation
The Velothon Sunshine Coast event is open to aspiring amateur and professional road cyclists from around the world. Entrants must be 18 years of age for the 152km and 16 years of age for the 90km, as at event date (21 July 2019). The race features challenging distances and terrain including lots of climbing. It is the rider’s responsibility to arrive at the event with the necessary fitness and stamina level to participate.
All riders are required to sign a waiver form when entering.
The mandatory gear list contains what we believe is the absolute minimum to keep you safe in the environment. The weather is can be unpredictable in the at times, so its best to be prepared.
- Bicycle - TT bikes not permitted
- Two Water Bottles
- Puncture Repair Kit (incl. spare inner tubes)
- Rear Tail Light
- Helmet (Australian Standard AS/NZ2063)
- Provided Bike Seat Sticker
- Provided Wristband
- Food and Sports Nutrition
- Warm Clothing/Rain Jacket
- Small Portion of Money
- Velothon Sunshine Coast is a ride, not a race unless in a designated ‘Green Zone’. Refer below for Green Zone description.
- Cyclists must maintain a 22km/h average speed. If the tail vehicle travelling at this speed overtakes a cyclist, this cyclist is then unsupported until such time this cyclist catches the tail vehicle and re-joins the ride envelope
- Cyclists are bound by Queensland Road Rules:
- Ride as close as possible to the left side (or on the road shoulder) on a single lane road. Or, you may take up any position within the lane on a multi-lane road
- Ride to the left of any oncoming vehicle
- Not overtake another vehicle on the left if that vehicle is indicating and turning left
- Not overtake another vehicle on the left if it is not safe
- Not ride with more than 2 riders side by side unless you are overtaking another rider
- Ride no more than 1.5m apart, if travelling beside another rider
- Helmets are compulsory
- For more detailed Queensland Road Rules and information on fines please visit: www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/rules/wheeled-devices/bicycle/#riding and www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/fines/demerit/cycling/
- Police and event organisers urge riders to adopt a single file approach where possible and give due consideration to other road users to avoid incidents
- Cyclists will be given the opportunity to contest for Sprint Champion and King of the Mountain (KOM) sections at various points across the different stages. These are classified as ‘Green Zones’, the road will be closed, in the direction of ride, to vehicular traffic (other than Queensland Police and Event Personnel vehicles). All due care must still be taken by individual cyclists. Green Zones will be under race conditions.