When you ride with friends, it's about the journey not the destination
The great thing is, if you and your mates join us for Velothon Sunshine Coast, the destination just happens to be awesome!
Think world class riding, stunning scenery from the beach to the hinterland, post ride beers watching the Tour De France at the Clubhouse beside the beach, and you'll get a feeling of what's on offer at Velothon Sunshine Coast.
With the teams option available, you can satisfy your competitive streak battling it out for the yellow jersey with your team mates, or if you're not a serious roadie, just enjoy the banter and chatter while you soak up the stunning scenery. O.k., there's a few hills and the small matter of Obi Obi to conquer, but you're not one to shy away from a challenge, right?
So, when you're recruiting for your team mates (coffee shop is the preferred interview location), here's our top 3 questions to ask your potential comrades (yes, you'll need to have a screening process, after all, they will have the pleasure of your amazing company for at least 3 magnificent days in the Sunshine Coast).
1.Can you ride?
2.Do you have a beating heart?
3.Do you look good in lycra?
If the answer to the first two is Yes, then you're off to a good start! With KOM's and Sprint sections at each stage, the only other thing to consider is whether you'll have a mix of speedsters or climbers, decisions decisions...
With mixed, male and female teams available, now is the time to get recruiting your team for Velothon Sunshine Coast 2019!
Team Entry Inclusions
3 Day Velo includes:
- Ride entry to the 3 Day Velo - 363km of stunning riding, gaining 5340m of elevation across the 3 days*
- Velothon Official Cycling Jersey and Socks - from our partner Blackchrome Sportswear. Check out our new and improved 2018 jersey!
- 5 Sprint sections - 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 5 King of the Mountain sections - 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 5 on course Feed Stations - refuel along the way
- 6 on course Hydration Stations - top up your water bottle
- Medical Services - first aid treatment on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Basic Mechanical Services - mechanics on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Daily Awards - held in the Velo Clubhouse each day at 4:00pm. Daily Stage Winners, Leaders Jerseys, Sprint Jerseys and King of the Mountain Jerseys will be awarded
- Daily General Classification Results - compare your results with your mates each evening in the Velo Clubhouse
- Massage - Access to qualified massage therapists – $1/minute, pre-booking essential (available closer to event)
Please note distance is subject to change.
|Event||5Sep 11am -
8 Nov 11:59pm
|9 Nov 12am -
28 Mar 11:59pm
|29 Mar 12am -
6 Jun 11:59pm
|7 Jun 12am -
until sold out
|Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee||Price||Price incl 8% ACTIVE Fee|
Every Athlete will be required to purchase a Cycling Australia One Day Membership, if they are not an Annual Member.
One Day Membership is $3 and will be added to the end of your registration form.
Active Fee is the total process fee imposed by The ACTIVE Network, LLC, or its applicable subsidiary, (collectively ACTIVE) including sums charged by ACTIVE as consideration for providing its software and services (including without limitation promotional and marketing services) to the activity organsier. The sums, as part of the total processing fee, are in addition to any actual costs incurred by ACTIVE from third party providers for each transaction.
Riders can enter in teams of 4 with the fastest 3 times accumulated across each stage counting towards the Team Classification Prize. Each Team Member (4) must start and finish each stage to be eligible for awards.